Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Madrid!


One of my best friends who came to Indiana when I was in high school to study for a year is from Madrid, Spain.

So naturally one place that I have always wanted to see is Madrid, and I got to spend an amazing 4 days there.  Not with my friend but that's ok I got to see where she lived so I am happy.




Madrid is the capital and largest city of Spain.

It is the third-most populous municipality in the European Union after London and Berlin, and its metropolitan area is the third-most populous in the European Union after Paris and London.

During the end of the Middle Ages, Madrid experienced astronomic growth as a consequence of its establishment as the new capital of the Spanish Empire.





Madrid is a major centre for international business and commerce. It is one of Europe's largest financial centres and the largest in Spain.

Madrid is the most touristic city of Spain, ahead of Barcelona, and the fourth-most touristic of the continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment