Monday, November 15, 2010

Rome!


One place that I have always talked about going to is Rome.  I have always felt that culture and the history in Rome really stood still.

The Art in Rome is just something that I have always seen as a live changer, and I loved how it changed my life.



Rome is the capital of Italy and the country's largest and most populated city, with over 2.7 million residents.

Rome's history go's all the way back to two and a half thousand years.  It was the capital city of the Roman Kingdom, the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire, which was the dominant power in Western Europe, and the lands bordering the Mediterranean Sea for over seven hundred years.





During the 15th century the Italian Renaissance moved to Rome from Florence.

The Renaissance period changed Rome's face from the very beginning, with works like the Pietà by Michelangelo and the frescoes of the Borgia Apartment.




No comments:

Post a Comment